GROW YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH CIH CANADA AND THE HOUSING ACADEMY
CIH Canada partners with the Housing Academy , the largest provider of housing qualifications in the UK, to deliver two levels of qualifications and an experienced professional route, as pathways to professional housing designation.
We offer a range of units that cover the many aspects of managing and operating housing in Canada. Our units are delivered through the Housing Academy online for each of our qualifications. The L3 and L5 are UK regulated.
- Level 3 Certificate in Housing Services is aimed at people starting their housing career and/or working front-line positions
- Level 5 Diploma in Housing is for the more experienced housing professional in a senior leadership position
- Experienced Professional Route is designed those who have worked in the housing field at a managerial position for years and are seeking professional designation
As an online student, you’ll be provided with learning materials, a dedicated tutor and opportunities to engage with fellow learners.
LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN HOUSING SERVICES
For people new to housing and/or working front-line positions
1. Understand the role of customer service in housing.
2. Understand how to communicate effectively with the housing customer.
3. Understand the role of customer feedback in housing.
1. Know the different ways that individuals access the housing market.
2. Understand the role of the main providers of housing.
3. Understand the features of the housing market.
4. Understand how government intervenes in the housing system.
1. Understand the approaches to delivering a responsive repairs service.
2. Understand the approaches to delivering long term asset management programmes.
3. Understand the relationship between the client and contractor roles in the delivery of repairs and maintenance services.
1. Understand the key skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the housing professional.
2. Understand ethics in the context of professional practice in housing.
3. Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in the context of professional practice in housing.
4. Be able to assess own professional performance and development.
LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA IN HOUSING
For the more experienced housing professional in a senior leadership position
1. Understand ethical practice
2. Understand how ethical practices apply to housing organisations
3. Understand how ethical practices apply to a housing professional
1. Understand the relationship between management and leadership
2. Understand how leadership styles impact on the achievement of organisational objectives
3. Understand the skills and attributes required to be an effective manager
1. Understand the role, purpose and complexity of a housing organisation
2. Understand theories to enable strategy development in a housing organisation
3. Be able to apply strategic planning techniques to develop a business plan for a housing organisation
4. Understand how to implement and monitor a business plan
1. Understand the concepts of being a member of a profession and acting professionally
2. Understand the skills required to be a housing professional
3. Be able to assess own professional performance
4. Be able to manage own professional development
1. Be able to undertake a comparative study of one aspect of housing policy
2. Understand the social, cultural and historical development of one aspect of housing policy
3. Understand the political and economic context of housing with particular regard to one aspect of housing policy
4. Understand the law in relation to one aspect of housing policy
5. Be able to make a case for future trends in one aspect of housing policy
1. Understand how the changing profile of housing customers impacts on the delivery of housing services
2. Understand how to communicate with housing customers
3. Understand the variety of partners involved in the delivery of housing services
4. Understand the principles of contract management in the delivery of a housing service