The unit aims to provide the learner with an opportunity to understand the context of housing through a comparative study between the country of operation and another. For the purpose of this assessment, learners must agree with their tutor the element of housing that they will study (e.g. homelessness, social housing, private rented sector, tenant and resident involvement) and the country which they will be using as a comparative study.
1. Be able to undertake a comparative study of one aspect of housing policy
2. Understand the social, cultural and historical development of one aspect of housing policy
3. Understand the political and economic context of housing with particular regard to one aspect of housing policy
4. Understand the law in relation to one aspect of housing policy
5. Be able to make a case for future trends in one aspect of housing policy