The Experienced Professional Route
This path to chartered membership is aimed at experienced housing professionals who want to demonstrate that they have the knowledge required to lead people and manage change. This programme recognises professional capability and previous qualifications and is a commitment to maintaining up-to-date knowledge of housing issues. You will be required to reflect upon your professional capability and demonstrate your knowledge of contemporary housing issues, and appropriate skills and behaviours for housing work.
You will submit a written assignment and complete a professional interview to showcase your knowledge and expertise.DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The programme requires individuals to reflect upon both their professional capability and learning approaches, to demonstrate their knowledge of contemporary housing issues, and appropriate skills and behaviours for housing work. The programme covers the following themes:
- contemporary housing issues
- knowledge, skills and behaviours
- reflective practice
- ethical behaviour
- professional development
Entry to the programme depends upon experience and previous qualifications. You need to meet one of the three eligibility routes below:
- you’ve worked in housing or the built environment for five years, two of which are at management level and you have a degree level qualification or a minimum Level 3 CIH qualification (Certified Practitioner Membership)
- you’ve worked in housing or the built environment for three years and you are a fully qualified member of another professional body (such as social work, public policy or administration, planning, architecture, building science or enigeering)
- you have more than five years experience working as a senior manager or head of service in a housing organisation.
If you work in an academic setting you can access the programme providing you can evidence practical understanding/experience of housing through some or all of the following:
- you might have worked in housing practice before you became an academic or are currently a board member of a housing association or a similar organisation.
- you have researched and published on an aspect of housing practice
- through your teaching, you disseminate information on housing practice, and how skills and competences to work in the housing sector can be developed and enhanced
Cost of the Experienced Professional Route is $3,000 plus applicable taxes and the cost of membership
Upon the start of the program, successful applicants have four months to complete a written assignment. After which you will partake in a professional interview to showcase your knowledge and skills.
- May 29, 2023
- September 4, 2023
- November 27, 2023
(Registration deadline three weeks before cohort opens)
HOW TO APPLYAPPLY NOW
If you would like more information, please let us know! Email: email@example.com