Some housing professionals are responsible for overseeing contractors, dealing with suppliers and managing relationships with tenants/ members and external relationships with other agencies. Others may work in larger organizations and have more specialist roles. Either way, it is important that they understand how their organization functions. This course addresses people and relationship management, administration and governance.
This course qualifies as an elective towards IHM’s Property Management Certificate program.
Key Topics Explored:
- The range of human resource management practices in housing organizations
- How to manage a team effectively
- The responsibility of a housing organization for safe and ethical practices in the workplace
- The financial framework for housing organizations
- The role of the Governing Board, its operation and reporting requirements
You must be a member of CIH Canada to enrol in a course or designation program.
You will be considered for entry for Certified-level courses/program, if you meet one of the following requirements:
- University/College degree/diploma
- Experience working in housing sector or related field
- Evidence of qualification with the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) or the Institute of Housing Management (IHM)
Complete an application form and submit it to email@example.com
Certified- Level Course/Designation Costs:
- $850 + tax per online course*
- $3400 + tax for entire certified designation
*taking a course does not commit you to pursuing Certified Membership