Housing professionals are responsible for the management and maintenance of a substantial capital asset. They need to ensure that it is well maintained to both protect the capital investment and improve the quality of life of their residents. To do this, they need to know the main principles of housing construction and to be able to identify common problems in the properties they manage. This course addresses the key elements of property maintenance and management.
Key Topics Explored:
- Main principles of the construction of residential buildings, building systems and the provision of utilities and related services
- Common maintenance problems associated with residential buildings and appropriate measures for dealing with them
- Relevant legislation relating to the construction and management of residential buildings
- Contract and procurement management principles for residential buildings and maintenance
You must be a member of CIH Canada to enrol in a course or designation program.
You will be considered for entry for Certified-level courses/program, if you meet one of the following requirements:
- University/College degree/diploma
- Experience working in housing sector or related field
- Evidence of qualification with the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) or the Institute of Housing Management (IHM)
Certified- Level Course/Designation Costs:
- $850 + tax per online course*
- $3400 + tax for entire certified designation
*taking a course does not commit you to pursuing Certified Membership