Company Name: Capital Region Housing
Contact Info: Careers@crhc.ca <mailto:Careers@crhc.ca>
Job Expiry: February 28, 2020
Position: Manager, Customer Relations & Options
At Capital Region Housing, HOME is our focus. We are the largest provider of social and near-market housing in the Edmonton area, managing over 4500 social housing rental units and over 600 near-market housing rental units. We offer both townhouses and apartments throughout the city. We welcome the opportunity to provide our families and individuals with a safe and secure place to call home.
We are currently looking for a manager, Customer Relations & Options. Reporting to the director, Customer Services, the position is responsible for taking the lead role in program development, operational planning and service delivery with our diverse clients. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that Capital Region Housing provides efficient and effective service delivery in the processing of applications, customer services and developing the tenancy management side of CRH operations.
The manager, Customer Relations & Options will also be responsible for coordinating the various functions of the teams they will manage, including providing supervision and direction to staff and ensuring operational processes are carried out in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the Corporation while adhering to all regulatory standards.
• Lead and manage a team of staff members responsible for delivering customer service and tenancy management support across all touchpoints including home and site visits, Hub service, front counter, call centre and email contact.
• Ensure applications are processed in accordance with the Alberta Housing Act and applicable Regulations including the RTA, the Management Handbook and the policies of CRH.
• Liaise with outside organizations and stakeholders on matters related to eligibility criteria, applications and clients.
• Monitor relevant statistics and trends to make recommendations on resource allocations and processes.
• Report, verbally or in writing, on items and issues relating to the waitlist, applications and eligibility concerns to Senior Executive and the CRH Board.
• Assist in the implementation of Rent Café.
• Contribute to the development of, and grow, CRH’s Housing Options service.
• Manage leasing of CRH units across all programs. Liaise with government organizations on matters relating to housing services.
• Build relationships with community agencies that have an established relationship with client groups.
• Review and assign follow up on security reports.
• Monitor relevant statistics and trends to make recommendations on resources allocations, service delivery and processes.
• Look for innovative ways to enhance customer service and coordinate any new customer service initiatives.
• Respond to after-hours emergencies as necessary.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field, plus 6 years’ experience in a related field. Equivalencies will be considered.
• Minimum 8 years’ management or supervisory experience in a related field; experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
• CPM or CertCIH designation desirable.
• Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and regulations is required.
• Knowledge of the Alberta Housing Act and regulations.
• Experience working with policy and legislation in a program delivery environment.
• Strong understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
• Working understanding of the programs relating to social supports, including AISH, Income Support, CPP and other income related supports.
• Personal vehicle required for work use and the ability to travel across the province is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must send in a resume with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the position and why they believe they would be a strong candidate. The resume should set out relevant work experience and any volunteer experience that provides a picture of how the candidate fits with the position requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Information Check.
Send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources
Capital Region Housing Corporation
Competition #2015 Closing date: February 28, 2020
CRH is an equal opportunity employer