The Experienced Professional Route is designed for participants with significant experience and knowledge in housing and management to quickly achieve the Chartered Designation, the highest international standard in our industry. Instead of completing online courses, you will submit a written assignment and complete a professional interview to showcase your knowledge and expertise.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate how their professional practice and academic experience meets the professional qualifications for the Chartered designation.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Successful applicants will already have considerable subject-matter expertise in housing and as a management professional. Therefore the learning goals for the Experienced Professional Route are focused on the broader leadership and professional questions and approaches. Participants will have access to a tutor and online resources focus on:
- Reflection and critical thinking
- The context for housing and relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Professionalism and the role of ethics
- Professional development and future learning needs
Applicants need to demonstrate that they have knowledge and experience in housing. Please ensure you meet one of the following three criteria:
- You have five years of experience working as a senior manager in a housing organization.
- You’ve worked in housing or housing-related sectors for five years, two of which are at management level, and you have:
• A degree in a related area of study (see below); or
• Achieved the Certified Housing Professional designation – CertCIH
- You’ve worked in housing or housing-related sectors at the management level for at least three years and you are a fully qualified member of another
Examples of relevant degrees and professional body membership include:
- Social Work
- Public Policy/Administration
- Building Science/Engineering
Candidates who do not have the relevant experience are encouraged to take the online program appropriate to their situation.
- $2,200 plus applicable taxes
- CIH Canada membership
Upon the start of the program, successful applicants have four months to complete a written assignment. After which you will partake in a professional interview to showcase your knowledge and skills.
|Application due by||Start Date|
|January 26, 2017||February 16, 2017|
|April 13, 2017||May 4, 2017|
|September 7, 2017||September 28, 2017|
HOW TO APPLY
Complete an application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information, please let us know!
- Phone: 1-866-268-4451 | ext. 283
- Email: email@example.com
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM DOWNLOAD BROCHURE